Life Mottos #2

Recently, I had to deal with my thesis, and thank God, I finally made it. And one thing I want to break down here is that I had so many thoughts and doubts in my mind when I had to write something in the motto page. I started to think, well, which one is my motto? – as I have several statements I claim as my mottos. And I don’t know but I find it funny that actually I can just put all those mottos in the page, but instead I decided to choose only one. And somehow, it made me reflect to each of motto I have, and how it affects me. By writing this, I also read on the internet that it is a good thing to have motto, one of its functions is to drive you cope with difficult situations. Let’s see through my second “Life Journal”, reflecting the mottos I have and its power in my life. 

“Hidup yang baik, Bahagia yang lama.” Or in English it can be translated “Live well and be happy for a long time.” I remember write these two phrases in one sentence when I was in my senior high school. I got an inspiration to create this motto after I read a novel (most likely a wattpad story) written by Valerie Patkar (my favourite author) called ‘Loversation’. The story has been faded from my memory, but there was a part about a girl named ‘Lisa’ and her boyfriend, ‘Ardan’, she always told Ardan to always be happy, as if she has nothing else to wish but for him to always be happy. Well, I do not relate to their love story, since I don’t have one similar to them haha, but seriously it may sound weird that a little story got me think about life, I just find it beautiful, a short word, called happiness. Since then, I realize, as I made a hasty conclusion that in life, essentially, we only look for happiness. Whenever the sorrow comes after me, what I always try to do is, find ways to bring back my happiness. Then when I am already happy, it seems all I do is just to maintain the happiness to stay a little bit longer. Being happy for a long time will always be in my prayers, and by the prayers itself, holds an important grip to my whole life as I believe in my own prayer, I know that no matter how hard things I face in life, in the end, I will run back to find my happiness. Along with being happy, I am also kinda, let me say, ‘obsessed’, with the phrase ‘live well’. I don’t think I need to explain any further, I just want to live well. 

            My second motto is “We’re gonna figure it out like we always have.” This has helped me sooo many times in life. This sentence is such a comfort, a strength, and a magical thing to the point I’m always grateful that I know this sentence. Let’s call it mantra, since this keeps me going strong through so many struggles in life. “We’re gonna figure it out like we always have.”. Whenever things get too hard to handle, and it stresses me out, every time there is a storm inside my soul, this magical mantra somehow calms me down. The common example that I always encounter as a student is when I have to deal with examination days. I would freak out, got stressed, and sometimes feel so anxious afraid I might not be able to pass it. But then I told myself, oh, hard things in life are inevitable, but hey, look at yourself, look at your old self, you’ve gone through a lot, this phase may be hard even harder than ever, but let’s believe, you will figure it out, just like how you always have figured it out. Well, sometimes, you may fail too, but most of the time, you will make it.  

“Be brave.” And that is my latest motto. To always be brave. I’ve been saying this too many times, for known or unknown reasons, life is terrifying in my eyes. I have no idea, I have no clue, what will come next. Isn’t in terrifying? But then, I have no other option but to stand with my own feet. I have to be able to face everything on my own. To do it all, one thing, I have to be brave. As someone who gets scared at everything easily, pushing myself to be brave is a must. This motto helps me to meet new people, to gain new experience and to take more opportunities. I feel like I can do anything by being brave.

Well, those are my mottos in life. Do you agree with me that mottos give us magical power in life? Tell me about your mottos.



With love,
Nes.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Love Through

Women and Eids

Birthday Journal